Using our site
- If you do not agree to the use of these cookies please disable them by following the instructions for your browser set out here or use the automated disabling tools where available below. Please note that some of the services will not function so well if cookies are disabled.
- Where the organisation setting the cookie provides an automated disabling tool in respect of its cookie(s) we list the name of that organisation, the category of cookies it sets together with a link to its automated disabling tool. In all other cases, we list the names of the cookies themselves and their source at the date of this Cookies policy so that you can easily identify and disable them if you want through your browser controls.
- After your initial visit to this Site we may change the cookies we use. This cookies policy will always allow you to know who is placing cookies, for what purpose and give you the means to disable them so you should check it from time to time.
What are cookies?
- Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating web domain on your subsequent visits to that domain. Most web pages contain elements from multiple web domains so when you visit www.ridings.co.uk your browser may receive cookies from several sources.
- Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remember preferences and generally improve the user experience. They can also be used to tailor advertising to your interests through tracking your browsing across websites.
- Session cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser and persistent cookies remain on your device after the browser is closed (for example to remember your user preferences when you return to the site).
What types of cookies does the Advertiser use?
We describe the categories of cookies the Advertiser and its contractors use below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for (such as navigating between pages) cannot be provided.
Example: Advertisergroup.com (full and mobile versions) currently uses the following strictly necessary cookies:
We make use of analytic cookies to analyse how our visitors use our Sites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website. The information collected by these cookies is not associated with your personal information by us or by our contractors.
Example: Advertisergroup.com (full and mobile) currently uses the following analytic cookies from Google Analytics:
Advertising cookies (or targeting cookies) collect information about your browsing habits and are used to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used by services provided by third parties, such as Like or Share buttons. Third parties provide these services in return for recognising that you have visited a certain website. For example, when you use the Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter share buttons you will be directed to a page controlled by those companies which may place cookies (including targeting cookies) and will be subject to Facebook’s, LinkedIn’s or Twitter’s cookies policies respectively.
In addition to the cookies set by third parties such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter when you use their branded functionality embedded in our site, the following advertising cookies are also used:
We use advertising services provided to us by ReachLocal UK Limited through which ReachLocal as our data processor on our behalf places and reads cookies to provide those services to us – the cookies, information collected through such cookies and opt out / disabling instructions are set out here.
Cookies policy does not cover third party websites
Please note that this cookies policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of third party websites which may be linked to this Site.